Municipal Council of Women
Sectorial councils of citizen participation
An participatory committee is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Participatory committees hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general participatory committee (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of participatory committees.
The Council of Women of Sant Feliu de Llobregat is a permanent body of consultative sectoral participation, created in accordance with the provisions of the arts. 59 and 60 of the Municipal Law and Local Government of Catalonia.
This Council is created with the will of the City Council of Sant Feliu de Llobregat to contribute to the fulfillment of mandate of the art. 9.2 of the Spanish Constitution, which attributes to the public authorities the obligation to promote the conditions so that the freedom and equality of the people and groups in which they are integrated are real and effective, remove the obstacles that prevent it, and To facilitate the participation of citizens in political, economic, cultural and social life.
- The Women's Council aims to become a consultative and participation body of the City Council of Sant Feliu for those issues of interest to the women of Sant Feliu, and in particular for those competences and functions that lead to an improvement of the well-being and the quality of life of this sector of the population and that are typical of the municipality.
- The Council of Women of Sant Feliu is justified by the importance of this sector in the life of the city, due to its demographic nature, due to the specificity of its needs, due to the discrimination on the grounds of gender that still exists in our society.
The aims and competencies of the Women's Council of Sant Feliu de Llobregat are:
- Encourage the participation and associationism of women's groups, facilitating the provision of information, dissemination, support and counseling.
- Understand and debate municipal actions that contribute to promoting the presence of women in society in all areas (social, cultural, political, labor, etc.) and specifically address those women who suffer from serious situations.
- Promote coordination, collaboration and cooperation between associations, organizations and institutions, whether public or private, that carry out activities for the promotion of women.
- Study and issue reports on topics of interest to women, in order to contribute to the changes that lead us to a fairer and more solidarity society.
- Propose to carry out debates and new campaigns that make the ideas, way of doing, and the voice of women visible.
- Be consulted before the municipal bodies discuss and approve matters of special importance in this sector.
- Promote the provision of specific services for women.
- Promote and disseminate municipal actions that effectively contribute to converting equality of law in equality of fact.
- Being the consulting body in the processes of drafting regulations that affect women, not only during the periods of public information express, but also during the same work of elaboration.
- Propose the appropriate procedures for the participation of the citizens in municipal services and companies.
The Women's Council has an advisory and participation nature. Its functions will be exercised through the elaboration of reports, opinions or demands, which will have the status of recommendation for the bodies of the Municipal Government, and therefore will not be binding.
The fields where the Women's Council will act will be those that have a direct or indirect relationship with the quality of life and social welfare of the population, in general, and of women and girls, in particular.
The Council's action will therefore be integral and assume all aspects related to social welfare from an economic, social and cultural point of view.
The Government and Administration of the Women's Council will be exercised by the following bodies:
- The presidency
- The Vice Presidency
- The Plenary
- And the Permanent Commission