Municipal Security Council
Sectorial councils of citizen participation
An participatory committee is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Participatory committees hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general participatory committee (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of participatory committees.
The Local Council for Citizen Security is a consultative body of the Sant Feliu de Llobregat Town Hall, whose purpose is the advice and drafting of proposals and action plans in matters of citizen security.
General principles of the Council
The local Security Council is inspired by the following principles:
- Improvement of public safety and risk prevention
- Adaptation of the public security service to the social demand and proximity to the citizens
- Effectiveness of public action
- Planning and evaluation of the actions
- Proportionality in public intervention
- Corresponsibility of bodies, services, organizations and citizens
- Communication, coordination and reciprocal collaboration
- Implication and active participation
- Transparency and information to the citizen
Functions and attributions
The Local Security Council of Sant Feliu de Llobregat will carry out the following functions:
- Analyze and assess the situation of public safety in the municipality
- Participate in the elaboration, monitoring and evaluation of local security plans, as a collegiate representation of citizens
- Draw up proposals for action in the field of public safety and raise them to the Local Security Board
- Develop programs and procedures for effective communication, coordination and collaboration between bodies, services and bodies with powers in matters of public security
- Promote and participate in the preparation and execution of preventive, formative and informative actions in matters of public safety
- Promote the involvement and participation in the local security system of the rest of the citizens belonging to the group that represent the members of the Board
- Any other function attributed to it by the Town Hall Plenary or the Local Security Board