Municipal Social Services Council
Sectorial councils of citizen participation
An participatory committee is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Participatory committees hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general participatory committee (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of participatory committees.
The Municipal Social Services Council is a permanent body of consultative sectoral participation, created in accordance with the provisions of article 54 of Law 12/2007 on Social Services, articles 59 and 60 of Law 8/1987, of April 15, Municipal and Local Government of Catalonia, in order to facilitate citizen participation in municipal affairs in relation to those areas of municipal public activity that affect or refer to the affected population by needs that require the intervention of municipal social services.
The Municipal Social Services Council is a collegiate body of community participation for advice, consultation, proposal and participation in the field of social services in our municipality.
Its purpose is citizen participation in those questions related to the social problems of the population affected by needs that require the intervention of the municipal social services, specifically, with respect to those competences and functions that have a direct or indirect relationship with the improvement of the wellbeing and the quality of life of the aforementioned population.
In order to carry out the object of the Council, the latter will direct its activity to the achievement of the following purposes:
- Discuss the general orientation of municipal social services.
- Make suggestions and suggestions to the Territorial Councils and / or the General Council of Social Services.
- To foster the coordination of the programming and the interventions of the administrations, private entities and the social initiative of the municipality, in accordance with the criteria of the Strategic Plan, the Social Services Portfolio and the local plan regarding social services.
- Issue an annual report and disseminate it by telematic means and others that are considered appropriate.
- Approving the regulations for the internal functioning of the municipal council for social services.
- Deal with issues that the administration to which they are attached can be entrusted.
- Stimulate the participation of entities that intervene in the field of social services, offering the appropriate support and assistance.
- Promote the democratic participation of the people attended by municipal social services.
- Promote coordination between institutions that act in this field, whether public or private.
The following functions correspond to the Municipal Social Services Council:
- To issue reports on own initiative or the City Council on matters of social services that are municipal competence.
- Issue and formulate proposals and suggestions in relation to the functioning of the Municipal Public Services and Organizations.
The Government and Administration of the Municipal Social Services Council will be exercised by the following bodies:
- The Plenary
- The president
- The vice president
- The Municipal Social Services Council will meet on an ordinary basis at least three times a year and in extraordinary nature when designating the Presidency or at the request of the majority of its members.
- The Plenary Session of the Board is validly constituted with the assistance of one third of its legal number of members.
- If work commissions are formed to study a specific subject or organize a specific activity, the meeting schedule will be determined by its members in accordance with the terms set by the Board of Directors.
- The sessions of the Plenary will be able to attend other people who by their specific knowledge or by interest in the subject to treat it considers convenient, whenever the President authorizes it.
- The minutes of the meetings of the Municipal Social Services Council will be sent in a maximum period of 15 days not only to the members of the Board, but also to all the entities they represent.
- The Representatives of each of the entities and institutions designated to be part of the Municipal Social Services Council may delegate their functions to another person of the same entity or institution if they can not attend the calls made.