Town Planning Advisory Council
Sectorial councils of citizen participation
An participatory committee is a group of members of an organization who meet periodically to make decisions about a specific area or scope of the organization.
Participatory committees hold meetings, some are private and some are open. If they are open, it is possible to participate in them (for example: attending if the capacity allows it, adding points to the agenda, or commenting on the proposals and decisions taken by this organ).
Examples: A general participatory committee (which meets once a year to define the organisation's main lines of action as well as its executive bodies by vote), an equality advisory council (which meets every two months to make proposals on how to improve gender relations in the organisation), an evaluation commission (which meets every month to monitor a process) or a guarantee body (which collects incidents, abuses or proposals to improve decision-making procedures) are all examples of participatory committees.
The Town Planning Advisory Council is an advisory body for the channeling of citizen participation created with the aim of stimulating the participation of the social and economic agents closest to the topics discussed, as well as of experts in the field of urban development.
Its purpose is to advise and inform on urban planning on all matters that the City Council sees, through the elaboration of opinions, reports, etc., and any other type of contribution that is within its reach.
To date, two work commissions have been created:
- Urban Mobility Plan of Sant Feliu de Llobregat
- Punctual modification of PGM in the area of planning of the new centrality of the city
Functions of the Council
- Issue reports or recommendations prior to the definitive approval of preliminary urban planning and management projects, preliminary public works projects, allegations that, during periods of public exposure, citizens and / or entities submit to the previous draft, any other matter in what is mandatory to consult the Council.
- Proposing and monitoring processes of citizen participation in the processing of derivative planning and management instruments when its importance justifies it, in order to enrich the debate of the corresponding urban development process.
- Issue reports or considerations on the initiative of the Board itself on matters within its competence.
- Those functions that are attributed to it by the Municipal Council Plenary
Composition of the Council
The organs that make up the Council are:
- The presidency
- The Vice Presidency.
- The Plenary
- The work groups
- The Executive Secretary